So, you built a custom home and due to changes in life you are ready to move on. The question becomes is it harder or easier to sell a custom home vs a ready-made to plan home?
The answer is a resounding “easier”. Why? Because your home stands out on the market of many prefabricated homes that are pretty much all alike. Home buyers want that difference. Something to make their home really feel like theirs, really feel like - well, home!
Here are some top tips to make your custom home stand out on the market.
- Hire a real estate agent with a great track record who you feel comfortable with. While selling it yourself may seem appealing it makes it much more difficult and time-consuming.
- Price your home correctly from day one. Starting out way over value only wastes your time.
- Have your home professionally cleaned and staged. The first impression is everything.
- If you have some wacky colors on the walls, repaint. Though repainting is easy and inexpensive it's amazing the effect color has on potential buyers.
- Upgrade your “curb appeal” if your landscaping is lacking, add some colorful flower bushes and shrubs.
- Make simple changes such as replacement of hardware on cabinetry if yours is outdated or scratched.
- Make sure to highlight customizations in the listing so people readily know what stands out about your home.
- You can even list the builder. Having a reputable builder such as Harden Custom Homes can boost a buyers confidence that the home was built right and quality materials were used in the construction.
- If there are still warranties on the home itself, the AC Unit, or other appliances let the applicants know, it adds value.
If you are considering building a home here in Southwest, Florida Harden Custom Homes has been building from Punta Gorda all the way to Marco Island for the past 40 years. We know the area, the land, the climate, and have the best connections in order to get your home built by the most talented in the business at the very best price. Talk with us today. 239-205-5075 | www.hardencustomhomes.com
We look forward to hearing your vision!