So, you have found the perfect floor plan and can’t wait to move into your new home. But, you still have your existing home to sell. We have some tips to help make your home more appealing for home buyers.
- Spruce up the front of the house to improve curb appeal. Paint your front door, cut the hedges, tidy up the flower beds, and make sure your kids toys aren’t laying around the yard. The appearance of your home from the road is the first impression that the home buyers will have – make it a good one!
- Update finishes inside your house. By replacing that worn out kitchen sink with a new one or installing a more appealing floor in the bathroom, you might just swing a sale in your direction. Take a good look around and, if you can invest just a tiny bit towards strategic upgrades, make a list of what you should update. Doing this makes the house more appealing since the buyers will not have to make any changes upon moving in. Plus, it looks better.
- Declutter the house. Put a lot of items in storage. Remove anything that personalizes the house with your life, i.e. do not leave family pictures on tables and walls. The potential home buyers cannot picture their family living there if you have your entire life in every nook and cranny. Also, by decluttering, they will feel like it will be an easier transition to moving in.
- Price your house competitively. Take a look at the comps from your neighborhood, then price slightly below the average than the comparable homes.
- Take your pets with you when you know that buyers are visiting the house. Hide or remove litter boxes completely. Not everyone loves animals and some are afraid of them, so be courteous in not having Fido running around the house when they arrive. If you can’t take your pets with you, then make sure they are either caged or removed from the home by a friend or neighbor.
If you would like to talk with us about building your new home here in southwest Florida, please call us at 239-205-5075 or contact us through our website at HardenCustomHomes.com. We look forward to hearing from you!