Choosing your lot is one of the most important choices when deciding to build your dream home. You have made it to SW Florida, land of sunshine, warm winds, and palm trees. It is a beautiful area to live in.
There is a lot to think about when choosing the land to build you home. No pun intended.
Make sure to check out the area thoroughly. Here are some things that should be on your checklist of important considerations:
- Is it an established residential area or up and coming?
- Are there good schools?
- How are the sewage treatment and land fill?
- Are there parks?
- Are there any planned assessments?
- How high are the real estate taxes in that area?
- Once you have it narrowed to a general area, it becomes a matter of personal preference.
- Corner lot, cul-de-sac, entry to a subdivision?
- Water front? Water access?
- Do you want space from your neighbor’s lot?
- How much land and landscaping do you want to care for?
- How far are you from work or places you run regular errands?
Is there enough shade /or sunlight?
Things to watch out for:
- swampy areas
- Rock outcroppings
- Proper property lines
- Setback lines
Taking your time and choosing your lot wisely can mean a lifetime of happiness, living out your life in the best spot for your family.
If you are looking to build in the SW Florida area, talk with Harden Custom Homes. We know the area and are the best in the business. www.hardencustomhomes.com 239-205-5075.