When it comes to the choice to build your new home in Cape Coral or in Florida at all, there are numerous options.
The choice is all up to you. Back in the 1950’s, it was one of the originators of where the phrase “Would you like to buy some swamp land in Florida” came from, but boy has it come a long way from there.
The Cape, as it is called, is filled with beautiful canals that are partially man-made. It has been built up and developed a lot. Water access is plentiful and you can easily find lots to build on that are right on the water or have water access. So if you own a boat, this might be the place for you to settle.
Why you may want to consider Building Your New Home Cape Coral
- Land prices. The price of lots in Cape Coral make building affordable. Depending on location they can go as low as $7,000 or $8,000 making their way all the way up to hundreds of thousands depending on location. As of 2018, the average median home value in Cape Coral is $206,800.
- Location – Location – Location. Cape Coral is a halfway marker between Miami and Tampa, FL. You can have the relaxed atmosphere of the country with widely spread out homes and quiet streets while still being only 2 hours away, in either direction, from 2 of the worlds most fun major cities. It’s right across 3 different bridge options from the smaller city of Fort Myers, Florida as well, only a hop, skip, and a jump of about 10-30 minutes depending on where in the Cape you live.
- Enjoying the Outdoors – Surprisingly Cape Coral has a lot to offer when it comes to outdoor activities. Sun Splash Water Park, Coral Oaks Golf Club, and the Cape Coral Yacht and Racquet Club, just to name a few. You can go hiking, camping, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, swimming, paddle boarding, or just lay by the pool. Its sunny year round and the Cape is a tropical paradise just waiting to be explored.
- Restaurants Galore! No matter what you are in the mood for Cape Coral has it. Rum Runners on the bay offers a wonderful upscale environment and a great steak and seafood selection. Ciao’s Wood Fired Pizza & Trattoria offers old-school wood-fired pizza and homemade cuisine, while places like Fords Garage offer more family style dining. If you are up for a night out on the town and feel like some music is in order you can head out to the Monkey Bar or the Tiki Bar as well as Dixie Roadhouse if you are a country music fan.
- Events Nearly Every Weekend – There is no shortage of things to do here. Art festivals close down the streets for local, national, and international artists and vendors to show off their wears, farmers markets, Music festivals, animal-centered events where you can bring your pets, even health and wellness events right along with spirituality centered outings. The Cape really has it all.
If you are considering a place in Florida to put down roots and build the home you have always wanted, consider building in Cape Coral, Florida with Harden Custom Homes. You can swing by our model center. The Harden Custom Homes Model Center is located at 2818 Tropicana Pkwy W, Cape Coral, FL 33993. Or just give us a call at 239-205-5075.