When it comes to building a brand new custom home you have a blank slate. Sometimes it is hard to know where to start and what to include. Here are a few ideas to help get that creative ball rolling.
- Raise the ceiling height – lower ceilings make rooms feel smaller and more closed it. Even just a single foot raise can open up the feeling of an area.
- Add a second garage – while you may not have a second or third car, almost everyone at some point or another could use extra storage space and wouldn’t it be lovely for guests to be able to park covered as well?
- Add a window in the master closet – This may seem like a strange idea but nothing keeps clothes fresher than actual access to fresh air.
- Include granite or marble counter tops – Wrapping this expense into the original home loan is often the best way to get this upgrade accomplished. These days buyers are looking for real stone in the kitchen and it can be a major selling point if you do choose to sell the home at any point in the future.
- Build on the best lot you can afford. Land over time can appreciate in value. Choosing the right lot is important.
- Extend wood or tile flooring into the high traffic areas. Carpet may be soft and plush, but it does show wear and tear. Hard flooring is far more durable and more easily cleaned.
- Build a jacuzzi tub in the master bath. After a long day, there is nothing like a hot relaxing jet bath to relax muscles and take the edge off.
- Ditch the typical closet set up – build your own custom closet by design. Your belongings will fit better and be more easily organizable.
- Extend kitchen cabinet height – Never once has anyone complained that they had too much storage space.
- Add solar panels – they are a great way to lower your electric bill and be environmentally conscious.
No matter what your inclusions Harden Custom Homes is the perfect home builder to create the home of your dreams or rebuild your home after Hurricane Irma. Located in SW Florida we have been in business for over 40 years. Browse our online gallery of homes to get more amazing ideas. Visit www.HardenCustomHomes.com or call 239-205-5075.