When it comes to looking for a new home, you have many options. You can buy and existing home or opt for a new home build. While it may seem daunting to start a new home from the ground up, buying from a custom home builder who has experience and can guide you are crucial. Here are some other benefits for building a new home in contrast to buying an existing home here in southwest Florida.
- Building a new custom home takes all of your preferences and matches it to the perfect home plan for you and your family. There are countless floor plans out there, but a good home builder will know how to listen to your needs and plan your home according to your lifestyle and aesthetic desires. You will need to compromise your “wants” list in an existing home’s layout.
- Owning a home that is energy efficient is crucial to reducing your future energy bills. New custom homes are built with the latest methods on how to make your house as energy efficient as possible. Supplies are always being upgraded to providing the end consumer with a better product. Windows, insulation, and roofing are just a few of the many products that can contribute to your home’s efficiency. An older, existing home will not have the industry’s latest and greatest materials.
- Buying a new custom home will give you the opportunity to incorporate the latest and greatest technology such as smart systems. From the house alarm, monitoring, remote thermostat adjustments, and remote home lighting, a new home build can integrate these into the project. An existing home will most likely require replacing and adding electrical lines and adjustments to make these features available to you.
- Everything in the new home is new! You get to select all of the finishes, colors and appliances to make your dream home come true. It is personalized just for you and your family. An existing home would have to be re-hauled just to get to the level of “newness” that a new home build would give you.
- In building a new home, you will rest assured that the building codes are current. For example, new homes are now required to have their smoke alarms hard wired into the electrical system. An older home would not have the current safety features such as this.
If you are searching for a new custom home builder in the southwest Florida area, call us today. We have the experience and knowledge to build the best custom home for you in the Cape Coral, Lehigh Acres, Marco Island, Fort Myers and surrounding area. Call us at 239-205-5075 or contact us through our online form. We look forward to hearing from you!